Cafe Monarch is the only restaurant on the list I have not personally dined in. I know however this list would be remiss if I left it off. I've seen this restaurant mentioned in National publications and everyone I know who's been speaks highly of it. I have of course walked by it, and it looks very charming!
Material's I used:
Also the really cute llama shower curtain came from TJ Maxx
If you didn't know it, I am super passionate about fixer-uppers, for so many reasons. I love fixing something that was broken, putting my own stamp on things, and of course sweat equity. I am currently working on renovating my own home that I purchased, and I would love to help others who have the same dream. Check out this quick video about how to get financing to follow your dreams!
Looking for LOVE in Scottsdale? The LOVE sculpture that is!
Sorry, can't help myself... I loved Dad Jokes before they were socially acceptable.
One more... I am a matchmaker... for houses and new homeowners...
Okay I'm done, I promise.
Robert Indiana's LOVE sculpture moved, but it didn't move far. If you spend time in and around Scottsdale's Old Town area you likely know that the section of the Civic Center Park which is overtop of Drinkwater Blvd has been temporarily closed after engineers discovered a leaking fountain has created the need for construction on the overpass. Not only has it closed that section of the park, but also Drinkwater Blvd below it too.
Not to fear though, while the city is putting together a plan to fix it, they've moved the statue and created a temporary walkway through the park. If you're looking for LOVE .. sculpture it's now located just outside of the Scottsdale Civic Center Library. From the entrance to the library head north on the path that wraps around the library and there you'll find it! If you're on foot coming from the Scottsdale Mall Amphitheater in front of Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts, you can still walk right over where the LOVE Sculpture used to reside on a temporary walkway built by the city.
May you find LOVE!
My sister Janet came to visit last week, which also happened to be her birthday. While I could recommend plenty of restaurants, she's a vegetarian and it was important to me that there were lots of good options on the menu for her too. I asked my community on Nextdoor.com and was so thankful for the many helpful responses on vegetarian friendly restaurants near the Old Town area. It was such a great list, I felt it needed to be shared. So here we go! In no particular order:
Old Town Scottsdale:
1. FnB - a classy joint, think Farm to Table. I'd recommend making a reservation here. We went for her birthday, on a Wednesday and the restaurant was booked. We did get to sit at the bar though and just LOVED it. Other notes from fellow neighbors: FnB Chef Charleen Badman is the Wizard of Veggies. Order a lot of sides to share—there is nothing quite like it. And owner also put Arizona wines on the national map.
2. The Herb Box - if you haven't been here in the last year, note that it moved across the street to the old 5th & Wine location.
3. Cornish Pasty - tons of vegetarian options!
4. Barrio Queen - my personal favorite Mexican restaurant.
5. Original Chop Shop (also there is an Arcadia location)
6. Malee’s Thai Bistro - delicious, vegan and vegetarian options.
7. Kaleidoscope juice bar - they also make smoothies, avocado toast & vegetarian breakfast burritos.
8. Modern Market
9. Farm&Craft (also Central PHX location)
10. Simons Hot Dogs - yes they have vegan hot dogs and regular!
11. Totties Asian Fusion
12. Brat Haus - really great beer menu here too.
13. The Little Thaiger
14. Arcadia Farms - really cute little breakfast & lunch spot
15. Salads to Go - salad drive through (also Mesa and PHX locations)
16. Olive & Ivy
17. Wok 'n Roll
Central Phoenix, Tempe, & North Scottsdale Choices:
18. Blanco - Central Scottsdale
19. Hillstone - get the veggie burger- Phoenix
20. Green New American Vegetarian - Tempe
21. Udupi Indian Vegetarian & Vegan Cuisine - Tempe
22. MAD greens - 3 locations: Central Scottsdale, Central PHX, & Tempe
23. Fresh Mint - N. Scottsdale
24. Pita Jungle - multiple valley locations
25. Hummus Express - Tempe
26. Loving Hut - Tempe
27. Flower Child - Central PHX & N. Scottsdale
Ready to take on the task of landscaping your pool space? One of my favorite parts of living in Arizona is all the pools! You generally don't realize the importance in the types of trees you use until it's too late. Let's go over a few rules the trees around your pool should follow that will provide minimal upkeep and provide the best aesthetics.
1. Palm Trees
2. Citrus Trees
3. Banana Trees
4. Japanese Maples
5. False Cyprus
6. Floss Silk Tree
7. Fruitless Olive Trees
In addition to trees, potted plants with beautiful flowers are a nice addition. If your pool is in direct sunlight, but sure you have an umbrella that you can move around as well for some afternoon shade while relaxing in the pool.
Is your bathroom small? I work primarily in the Old Town/Central Phoenix area and most of the homes were built in the post war era. These older homes, have loads of charm, but often charm=small spaces. Unless the floor plan has been completely altered and square footage added on many of these homes are between 1100-1500 SF total with very small bathrooms. A change of organization and storage space can make a drastic change to how your bathroom feels. Here are a few tips and tricks to make your bathroom space feel more functional and spacious.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hi, I'm Christina! I'm a licensed real estate agent in the state of Arizona. I am passionate about all the things that go into making a house a home. I'm married and we have two cats and a dog at home. We are currently about one year into a full house remodel.